Referrals make up around 60-70% of new patient acquisition. While some referrals are through traditional word-of-mouth, many patient referrals come through online reviews. Reviews are SO important and vital to the growth of your dental practice. Every time you look up a place to go, even if you are just looking for directions for a restaurant, your phone will instantly bring up reviews for you. Why have reviews become so important? Let's take a deeper look!
People Trust People
Reviews are a way to hear what feels like an unbiased opinion from your peers. Instead of just reading ads, you get to see pictures of real people who either enjoyed or disliked a product or service...and why. Then, you get to base your decision off of it. Maybe they didn't like the restaurant because the decor wasn't their style, but it's one you love? All reviews affect your decision process, so it only make sense to say that it's important for your dental practice to have reviews.
Quick Stats on Reviews:
Planet Marketing and BrightLocal give some great statistics on why reviews are important:
- 90% of people first check out what their peers are saying about a business before making the decision to further the interaction. Reviews are, therefore, a major driver of the commerce that takes place across the globe on a daily basis.
- In 2017, BrightLocal found that 91% of people ages 18-34 trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- Up to 31% of people are likely to spend more on a business that has positive reviews.
How To Get Reviews for your Practice?
Ask! Ask your clients, especially the ones who are regulars and were happy with their experience, to leave you a review. You can also ask for reviews in your follow-up emails, by sending postcards, or creating giveaways.
Reviews also generate better search results. The more reviews you have, the more it will boost your SEO. This allows more exposure for those who are looking for dental practices in your area.
Platforms to focus on:
Here are platforms you should be focusing on when trying to boost your number of reviews:
- Yelp: Gets the most traffic of all review sites, and is a local search service site.
- Google Business: Is a networking app for businesses to be a part of in order to boost SEO results.
- Facebook: Having an active Facebook page that also has reviews is important for when you are looked up. The reviews will be one of the first things people see when they look up your Facebook page.
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly:
There's something important to note about reviews; they are not something you can control. Just like if a customer is yelling at you in a store, the only thing you can control is how you respond. When any business receives a negative review it's important that it is responded to quickly, apologetically, and with an offer of resolution. When people see this kind of response to negative reviews, they'll see that you are a practice willing to make it right.
Reviews reflect who You are as a Practice:
Reviews are a great way to find out what people think of your practice. With permission, you can use it to advertise. You'll also learn if there's anything you need to grow in and work on from negative reviews you receive. Feedback is a powerful tool! Don't be quick to defend. Instead...listen, learn, and grow.
Reviews are a powerful tool in your marketing strategy to grow your practice. Use it to your advantage!